20 and 2.0 Veteran Suicide Awareness March
The 9th Annual 2021 Veteran Suicide Awareness March will take place in 2 formats. The first is our IN-PERSON 9th Annual Wisconsin Ruck March, the second is our VIRTUAL National Ruck March. Both events will be held on Saturday, November 13th. Last year, more than 1,000 Veterans, active duty service members and civilians came together at the event to raise awareness and honor the lives and service of those who we have lost to this epidemic.
Many of the participants are civilians, active, non-active, and Veteran military personnel, however, all are encouraged to participate or attend to show their support. Though it’s not a requirement, many of the participants will be carrying a rucksack or backpack in remembrance of the Veterans who complete suicide each and every day.
Money raised will assist us to help those who are suffering from mental illness and are considering such a tragic fate. Every Veteran deserves our help in overcoming such obstacles after serving our country and fighting for our freedoms. H.O.O.A.H. will never turn a fellow service member or Veteran of the U.S. Military away, but we need your help and support to fulfill this promise. Thus, we are asking you to join us this Veterans Day weekend to assist us in bringing awareness to Veteran suicide by sponsoring H.O.O.A.H.’s 20 or 2.0 Mile Veteran Suicide Ruck March.
T-shirt Disclosure Information: T-shirts are an additional purchase inside of the registration. If you register for the national ruck march these shirts will be mailed to you. If you register for the Wisconsin in-person event you will receive your shirt at the event. If the event is forced virtual because of a state or municipal requirement, you will be mailed your shirt. You must be registered by 15 October 2021 to receive a shirt by the event.
This event is about joining together as a team to fight against Veteran suicide.
Please use the hashtag #BeTheirVoiceRegister Now Boot Campaign Host a Boot Wisconsin Event Details Wisconsin In-Person Volunteer Pledge Form
If you would like to participate in this year’s fundraising efforts you can create a donation campaign to share with friends and family through email or on social media. We’ve made it very easy!
- Visit the Dashboard located in the top bar of the website.
- If you already have an account, select the link to login.
If you do not have an account, there is a link to register for an account.
- Once logged in, you will be redirected to the Fundraising Dashboard where you can click the event of your choice to register.
- You will be taken to the registration form for the event. Complete the form to register.
- Once you have completed registration, you will be redirected back to the Dashboard.
- You will then see a URL specific to you! There are options to copy the link itself or to share directly to social media accounts.
- Once you create a donation campaign, you can visit the Dashboard at any time to collect the donation link, share the campaign or view donations that have been made through your link!