2019 WI – 20 & 2.0 Mile Veterans Suicide Awareness March
November 9 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The 2019 7th Annual Veteran Suicide Awareness Ruck March will be held on Saturday, November 9th along the Fox River trail through Green Bay, Allouez and De Pere. The Ruck is 20 miles to represent the number of Veterans reported by the VA who complete suicide every day. Last year, more than 1000 Veterans, active duty service members and civilians came together at the event to raise awareness and honor the lives and service of those who we have lost to this epidemic.
Many of the participants are civilians, active, non-active, and Veteran military personnel, however, all are encouraged to participate or attend to show their support. Though it’s not a requirement, many of the participants will be carrying a rucksack or backpack that weighs 20 lbs. in remembrance of the 20 Veterans that complete suicide each and every day.
Money raised will assist us to help those who are suffering from mental illness and are considering such a tragic fate. Every Veteran deserves our help in overcoming such obstacles after serving our country and fighting for our freedoms. 4th H.O.O.A.H. WI will never turn a fellow service member, a Veteran of the U.S. Military away, but we need help and support to fulfill this promise. Thus, we are asking you to join us this Veterans Day weekend and help us bring awareness to veterans suicide by sponsoring 4th H.O.O.A.H. WI’s 20 Mile Veteran Suicide Rucksack March.
This event is about joining together as a team to fight against Veteran suicide. There will be no prizes for finishing 1st, 2nd or 3rd. However, we will recognize those who go above and beyond in their fundraising efforts to better help 4th H.O.O.A.H. WI fight this fight against Veteran suicide. For those who go out and raise over $1,000 in pledges for the march they will be recognized before and after the completion of the march with a special award for their efforts.Register Now Volunteer Sponsorship Pledge Form Boot Campaign Event Details
If you would like to participate in this years fundraising efforts you can create a donation campaign to share with friends and family through email or on social media. We’ve made it very easy!
- Visit the Dashboard located in the top bar of the website.
- If you already have an account, select the link to login
If you do not have an account, there is a link to register for an account
- Once logged in, you will be redirected to the Donation Dashboard where you can click the “Create a new donation campaign” link to get started!
- Simply select the event name and your campaign fundraising goal and then “Submit.”
- You will then be provided with a URL specific to you and your campaign! There are options to copy the link itself or to share directly to social media accounts.
- Once you create a donation campaign, you can visit the Dashboard at any time to collect the donation link, share the campaign or view donations that have been made through your link!